Our Claire is celebrating…
Today is Earth Day. Earth Day is an annual event on 22nd April to demonstrate support for environmental protection. President Biden is hosting a global climate summit to mark the day and Google are marking the day with one of their fab Google Doodles. Even NASA has got involved to celebrate the day. So it’s clearly a big deal.
It’s easy to understand why of course because, without a habitable planet to live on, the human race becomes extinct. So I felt I should celebrate too. Yet, on a day like today, the last thing I want to do is sit indoors all day! So I had a look and found this list on The Old Farmer’s Almanac:
- Support our pollinators!
- Clean up plastic in your neighbourhood or local park
- Swap out your kitchen and household products!
- Plant a tree
- Use wildflowers and native plants
- Reduce, reuse, recycle in the garden
- Stop pesticides and chemicals in the garden
- Conserve water!
- Think about your diet!
- Get kids involved!
Now, I’m not much good at gardening. So the one that looks most appealing is popping to my local park to pick up the rubbish. The rubbish people leave lying around really bothers me anyway. It’s a total eyesore and the masks that people irresponsibly leave lying around these days are a health hazard too!
So, if you’ll excuse me, I’m now going to pop my coat on and get on out there. But why not have a think about how you’re going to mark the day? Lets leave a planet for the next generations that’s worth inheriting.
- Whatever you’re going through, WHISC are waiting to hear from you. Their Listening Ear service can be accessed by calling 0151 707 1826. Alternatively, leave a message on their Facebook page with your phone number and they’ll ring you back.