Outreach, Training & Courses
We offer information sessions and courses covering a variety of topics including…
Group Facilitation Skills Training
Book on this two-part course:
24th February & 2nd March 10 am – 12:30 pm
Please call into the Drop-In Mon-Thurs 10am – 4pm to book.
On this FREE course you will explore:
- The role of groups in supporting people and how best to encourage this process
- The difficulties that may arise in a group setting and how to deal with them
- Basic listening and communication skills
- How to create a comfortable and inclusive environment
- How to guide participants to progression by helping them to share and reflect on their experiences and learn from the experiences of others.
The ‘Do It’ Project
This course is for women over the age of 18, who are unemployed, looking to return to work or between jobs, and eligible to work in the UK. It assists them to set goals, increase self-esteem, reduce stress, learn new skills, prepare a CV, and present themselves effectively at interview. It consists of a combination of group work, one-to-one support, and three hours of voluntary work at WHISC every week (for three months). There is also the opportunity to undertake NVQ Level 2 Customer Service Skills or attend WHISC’s accredited Women’s Health Training Course (see above). Please contact us for availability.
Other Health Sessions such as:
Motherhood, Stress Reduction, Sexual Health, Breast Awareness, Healthy Eating, Self-Image, Eating Disorders, Drug Awareness, Mental Health, Depression, PMS and Menstruation… and many more!
WHISC Outreach Health Sessions are not exclusive to women. Where appropriate we can arrange sessions for mixed groups. Please contact us for further details and availability.
We have just updated our courses offer for 2019. Check now in our blog to get the latest information.
Get In Touch. Get Involved.