The following items may be of interest…
Belly Dancing – Tara’s FREE Belly Dancing classes start next Tuesday 27th June, 12.45-1.45 pm. Come and join in the fun!
- New Therapist – WHISC have a new therapist, Maxine, who provides Swedish Massage, Reflexology, Indian Head Massage, and Hopi Ear Candles treatments. She’s available for Monday appointments – booking available now.
- Focus Group – WHISC will be hosting a focus group on ‘Protecting Our Children’s Health’, which will be for parents/carers of children under 5 years old who have lived in the UK for a year or more. It will be an opportunity to share views on childhood health issues with researchers from Liverpool University’s Institute of Infection & Global Health. Every participant will receive a £10 Tesco voucher and their views kept confidential. The event will be held at our Bold Street premises and there is a choice of Monday 10th or 17th July, 11am-12.30pm. Please contact us to confirm your place.
- Weekly Programme – WHISC regularly adds to it’s weekly programme. Recent additions include Knead To Talk, an acting class, Get Crafty, and Legs, Bums & Tums. So do make sure you keep up-to-date by visiting the page on this website.
- Fundraising – Due to our premises being vandalised three times in recent weeks, we have set up a Crowdfunder page to raise funds to buy shutters for the front. To donate to this, please visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/whisc
- Thanks to Liverpool Mental Health Consortium who via Twitter have highlighted that WHISC is one of many organisations who may lose some funding next year… Just to reassure people, WHISC IS OPEN – even if we lose the grant from Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), we have other sources of funding. At the moment, WHISC is secure until December 2018 and we continue to fundraise to ensure our services continue well into the future. Thanks to everyone for their continued support.
- Trustees – If you wish to volunteer as one of our trustees and help make the important decisions about WHISC, please give us a ring on 0151 707 1826. Meetings are held every quarter, in the early evening, and last about two hours.
- Windows With WHISC – We now have volunteers available to help people use a computer and the internet, as part of the ‘Windows with WHISC’ project. If you know anyone who wants one-to-one tuition in a friendly, informal atmosphere, please contact us to make an appointment.
- Saturday Club – Our new Saturday Club has launched. Join us on Saturday mornings, 10am-1pm, to get FREE taster sessions in Zumba, therapies, help with the English language, and so much more! Please contact us for more information.
- International Women’s Day – Our activities for International Women’s Day made the news! Read all about it here: http://jmu-journalism.org.uk/group-strength-in-solidarity-on-womens-day
- Social Media – Did you know that, as well as this website, WHISC also has a Facebook page and a Twitter account? Why not look us up and get the latest information and advice as and when we have it!
Last updated: 22nd June 2017